Discounts can be obtained for members of certain Research Centers (see below for
a list). Typically these give you a 50% discount on sequencing, up to a limit.
At the current basal recharge rate ($3.00) that means these Center Members pay only
$1.50 per lane.
The Core staff (and specifically the Director) can give a PI access to a Center
discount, but we cannot be responsible for designating which samples are related
to Center-appropriate goals. Consequently, it is up to the PI or their lab members
to indicate which samples - or perhaps which accounts - are to be granted a specific
Center discount. Below are instructions on how to get discounted sequencing.
Here are the steps you should follow in order to obtain a Center Discount:
- Apply for Center membership. Usually this involves a simple application.
- When membership is approved, ask the Center administrators to notify the Sequencing Core Director,
(Dr. Robert Lyons), of this membership. The Core staff will enter
your membership into our computer.
- You then can obtain discounts using one of the following methods:
- The PI can set a default discount for each account number:
Each of your accounts can have a different default discount.
- From the Core Home Page,
click on 'PI Administration'.
- Enter the PI's login name and password and click 'Login'.
- Click on 'Accounts' to view and edit your list of valid accounts.
- Click on an account number for which Center discount is appropriate.
- There should be a pull-down menu of Centers. If the Core Director has properly entered your
Center memberships, the list should now include all appropriate Centers. Select one.
- Click the 'Save Account Changes' button to permanently set the discount.
- The Lab Members can independently select the discount for each sample:
This one's simple - just select the correct center in the pull-down menu of
the 'Sample Submission' page.
- Only VALID centers will appear in these pull-down menus, so if you see it, you can use it.
- Samples submitted before the discount was requested will NOT be given the discount, even though they may
not yet have been sequenced. All discounts must be requested during the sample submission process. We will
not be responsible for applying any discounts after the samples are entered into our computer.
Back to the FAQ list
Back to Sequencing Core Home Page
Email Dr. Robert Lyons with questions or comments regarding this