My Sequence is Mostly Good, But There Are Some Problem Spots...
(section not yet written, but coming soon, including pictorial examples.)
- Spikes in the chromatogram (air bubbles on a dim chromatogram)
- A few peaks with multiple colors (PCR on polymorphic genomic region)
- The first few nucleotides are poor (typical - don't expect good sequence close to the primer)
- One base is [wrong/missing/inserted]. Did the sequencer screw up? (probably not, but sequence the other strand)
- There's an 'N' in the midst of otherwise good sequence (mis-spaced peaks and ABI's basecaller 'bug')
- what else?()